Members and Visitors
updated 13 September 2021
Welcome all members and visitors to our site. Lets not get lazy in our habits & keep Covid safe. It only takes one with these new variants to spread to many. If you are able, please get vacinated, it's good advice from the experts. Lets exceed the targets and make our community safer.
Club organised activity HAS RESUMED but members are advised to follow all the current applicable Covid-19 restrictions such as social distancing, density within the shed, mask wearing and the advice re personal hygiene. Strict adherance and vacination if and when able are the only way out of this crisis.
- The shed & toilets are again open on sailing days with numbers in the common area restricted to 6 persons plus "staff"
- The passageway & toilet access is still one way single person at a time to maintain 1.5m social distancing
- Covid-19 sign in still applies as does social distancing and good hygiene practices
- Restrictions on self serving of catered food and drinks also remain in place, but BYO with no sharing is allowed
- QR code input on your smart phone or a manual sign-in still applies
- NOTE: Trialling of revised formats for Saturday sailing is continuing, so the Saturday sailing tab has been updated to reflect the latest 3 weeks of September trial of DF racing in the morning and ML45 racing & cruising in the afternoon. ..... This format allows participants to sail both 45's & DF's each week rather than alternating. The feedback will be interesting as we gather and opinions on a settled format progressing to the new year.
NOTE Our number of members being vacainated is now increasing at a faster rate & we look forward to having all that were able completing their second shots soon. Be under no illusion however variant strains remain a danger. Good hygiene & social distancing remain essential.
RC Twilight Series - Port River Sailing Club – Its on again – Starting 14 October. Laser, ML45, DF & other classes & spectators wecome, come and stay for dinner. Hosted by our RC Laser Group and the PRSC. Always a great relaxing evening of sailing or watching the river activity. Click the link below to register or see the menu item on the sailing tab.
Twilight Series See the dates and register.
Have resumed fortnighly.
See the Tab. A few boats for sale with more to come as members sort out their boats and gear post lockdown. Theres even a motor bike trailer about to be listed.
Members. Look out for our regular emailed news updates.
CLIPPER SHIP City of Adelaide
Restoration is continuing. Well worth a look over at Dock 2 Port Adelaide, the family will enjoy it. Visit their facebook page or web site https://www.cityofadelaide.org.au/ Plenty of opportunities for individuals and corporates to support with donations and product. It will become one of Adelaides major attractions.
See MLMYC on FaceBook for the latest News.